poi-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Micich <josh.mic...@gmail.com>
Subject Recent additions to POI "Added implementation of Digital Signature support"
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 20:30:48 GMT
Hello All,

I noticed a rather significant change submitted recently:

My concern is not about the functionality - this sounds very much like
something that POI should have.  There are a few issues that come to
mind, however:

 - This is a big chunk of work to submit with no supporting discussion
e.g. a bugzilla entry or dev mail thread
 - There are now 7 new jars that POI depends on to build (my biggest concern)
 - There may be licensing issues (I am not in a position to judge this
properly). The files all contain a comment "Based on the eID Applet
Project code.  Original Copyright (C) 2008-2009 FedICT".  Is there a
new relationship between POI and "eid-applet"?  Could we at least
document somewhere that this code contribution is properly sanctioned?
 - There is a (small) compiler error introduced apparently because the
original code was compiled against JDK 6.

cheers,
Josh