poi-dev mailing list archives

From David Fisher <dfis...@jmlafferty.com>
Subject Re: Recent additions to POI "Added implementation of Digital Signature support"
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:15:16 GMT
Hi Ugo,

> I'm OK with waiting and discussing a bit. In any case, the README.txt
> has now been modified to read as follows
> <http://code.google.com/p/eid-applet/source/browse/trunk/README.txt?spec=svn213&r=213

> >:
>
> "The source code of the eID Applet Project is licensed under GNU
> LGPL v3.0.
> Part of the source code (OOXML signature code) is dual-licensed
> under both
> the GNU LGPL v3.0 and the Apache License v2.0. Only the files with a
> header
> containing both the GNU LGPL v3.0 and Apache License v2.0 license
> texts are
> dual-licensed. The dual-licensing was offered in response to a
> request from
> the Apache POI open source project. All other source code files
> remain under
> control of the GNU LGPL v3.0 license unless otherwise decided in the
> future
> by _ALL_ eID Applet Project copyright holders."

This is a good clarification to a point. I am not sure if it is
sufficient. It makes me wonder who _ALL_ the copyright holders are. I
assume that the files dual licensed are all FedICT's which is Belgium
Federal Government (and EU?)

Here is what is currently in the NOTICE:

> This product contains parts that were originally based on the eID
> Applet project (http://code.google.com/p/eid-applet/). Copyright (C)
> 2008-2009 FedICT.

Here is a suggestion:

This product contains an ASLv2 licensed version of the OOXML signer
package from the eID Applet project (http://code.google.com/p/eid-applet/source/browse/trunk/README.txt

) Copyright (C) 2008-2009 FedICT.

I think that no matter what phrasing is used we should make sure that
legal@apache approves. I wonder if they will want a CCLA from FedICT.

Regards,
Dave