poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Meetup and Hackathon at ApacheCon?
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:36:19 GMT
Hi

I'm thinking about organising a meetup + hackathon at ApacheCon, and
wanted to guage interest. Would probably go for a half day at the start
of the conference (Monday/Tuesday).

For current developers, it'd be a chance to discuss the project, and work
together to squash a bunch of bugs in a hackathon session.

For users, it'd be an opportunity to meet the developers, and get
involved. So, you could turn up and learn how to use and understand the
debugging tools like BiffViewer, chat to developers to ensure your
favourite bug reports had enough information on them, learn how to submit
patches etc.

So, who's interested in attending a session like this, and do you have any
preferences for the Monday or Tuesday?

(We might well also end up doing a few poi social things before and after
the conference, as several poi committers live nearby and many others are
coming in, but more details on that sort of thing nearer the time)

Nick