poi-dev mailing list archives

From Paolo Mottadelli <paolo....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: POI at ApacheCon US 2009
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2009 14:18:16 GMT
Hi Jukka,
I would be more than willing to help in getting the most out of the POI
project within the Content Technology Track.

Regarding my personal proposal for the official session, here below the one
I sent to planners@ some months ago [1]

Also, we see some interesting overlapping points with other fellow projects
within the ConTechTrack, that emerged during our initial brainstorming on
this.
I'm planning to come back with more stuff on Monday.
Thank you for making this roll till now!

[1] *********************************
*Apache POI recipes* Paolo Mottadelli

The Apache POI project (http://poi.apache.org) provides Open Source
Java APIs for the manipulation of Microsoft Office format files. It
was developed to provide OLE2 Compound Document format support. POI
support for the new format was necessitated by the proliferation of
new Office Open XML (OOXML) documents, due to its standardization
driven by Microsoft Office 2007. As a result, a common challenge
emerged for projects that leverage POI to read and write Excel, Word,
and PowerPoint documents: supporting the new format while maintaining
backward compatibility with the earlier one. This session provides an
overview of how the new POI architecture makes that challenge easier
through the common interfaces package and their double implementation.
Participants will also learn about the main new features provided by
POI towards the new OOXML format support. To demonstrate POI's
features, this session will also drive throught a collection of
practical recipes to solve the tough problems of integrating Office
documents in your enterprise applications.

--
Paolo Mottadelli: http://www.paolomottadelli.com