poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Rodolfo M. Raya" <rmr...@maxprograms.com>
Subject Improvements in Word support.
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:55:43 GMT

Hi All,

I'd like to use POI for parsing and updating the content of .doc Word
files. However, support for .doc files is not yet complete in POI and
I am unable to do what I need.

I don't have the required time to contribute code for handling .doc in
POI, but I would gladly sponsor developers willing to improve Word
support.

I'm looking for a developer with experience in POI to write a Java
program that reads a .doc file, extracts the text and replaces it with
some other content, preserving layout as much as possible. This task
will probably require patching POI and all patches will be contributed
back to the POI project.

If you can write a program like the one described above, please contact
me off-list.

Some open source projects accept sponsorship for improving the code
base; others hate that. I don't know what's the official policy from
POI developers in this regard. Please accept my apologies if my offer
for sponsoring code development is inappropriate.

Best regards,
Rodolfo
--
Rodolfo M. Raya <rmraya@maxprograms.com>