poi-dev mailing list archives

From David Fisher <dfis...@jmlafferty.com>
Subject Re: 3.5 final compatible with current 3.2 release?
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:11:04 GMT
Pedro -

Nick said -

> all you should need to do is recompile your application

If this means that you need to recompile JasperReports, then isn't
this something that you can do?

BTW - POI 3.2-FINAL is the most recent final - 3.5 FINAL does not yet
exist.

> Does that mean that jar files like JasperReports will have to
> provide a 3.5 compatible jar and a 3.2 compatible jar?
> Why not having a transition period having both APIs?

If this means that we need to communicate with JasperReports about
this before we go to POI 3.5-FINAL we might consider doing so, but the
rest of your questions are not going to get us anywhere - there are
many reasons to have a Java OOXML implementation.

If you have success with POI 3.5 after re-compiling JasperReports then
please let us know - it will help.

Regards,
Dave