poi-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <d...@jmlafferty.com>
Subject Re: Sorting
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:41:39 GMT
Hi Robert,

I think you have a good idea.

I'm not sure why it was done the way it was done. Perhaps the rows are
not really sortable that way - there may be internal settings.

The reason is more likely that the original use of POI was either to
read to extract information or to write out a report. Now I think that
there are people who want to update a spreadsheet with POI and then
return it to the user.

I'm curious which sort would you apply to the TreeMap? It may make
sense to extend HSSFSheet / XSSFSheet with a sort api.

If you want to try it yourself, you are certainly free to download the
poi source and make TreeMap accessible. I'm willing to take a look at
your result and we can see if it makes a good contribution to the
project.

Regards,
Dave