poi-dev mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of POI 3.5-beta5
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 08:34:18 GMT

> RAT has a way to do it. Take a look at
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rat/main/trunk/rat/rat-core/src/main/java/org/apache/rat/analysis/license/ApacheSoftwareLicense20.java

> It only does a minimal check. A full check could be done.
>
> I did a find/grep search on copyright.
>
> There are a few files that show copyright for The POI Project and not
> the ASF. These are mostly documentation files. They could be quickly
> fixed as well.
>
> Should we repackage this release with these license and copyright
> fixes along with a better NOTICE?
I don't think we should re-package this release as it will require
another round of evaluation / voting. Jukka is going to propose an
improved version of the LICENCE but it will be not earlier than
weekend.  Current issues are OK for a beta and I would rather not delay
this release because of them.

Yegor