poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Ethan Baldridge" <et...@superiordocumentservices.com>
Subject Re: bug in ss.usermodel.workbook.write()
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:13:44 GMT
Sorry, forgot to mention - this is using the SVN trunk, checked out on
I wanted to make sure it wasn't fixed in the current tree before adding
to the list traffic.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ethan Baldridge <ethan@superiordocumentservices.com>
To: dev@poi.apache.org
Subject: bug in ss.usermodel.workbook.write()
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:09:17 -0500

I'm using setPrintArea() to limit the print area on a sheet, and that
much is working - I can read the print area back and it gives me the
right coordinates. But when I save the document, the print area
information disappears - when the document is opened using Excel the
entire sheet appears in page preview.

Here are the relevant bits of my code - I'm pretty certain it's not an
error on my part:

		wb.setPrintArea(0, 0, finalColNum, 0, finalRowNum);

		String retrievedPrintArea = wb.getPrintArea(0);
		if (retrievedPrintArea != null)
			System.out.println("Print Area: " + retrievedPrintArea); // output is
"Print Area: 'All Invoices'!$A$1:$L$1089"
java.io.FileOutputStream out = new java.io.FileOutputStream(fileTmp);
			wb.write(out);
			out.flush();
			out.close();

--