poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Josh Micich" <josh.mic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XLS modification problem
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 00:40:59 GMT
Hello Michael,

In my Excel (2007) your input file opens without any error or warning
message, but the chart/rows/columns of the first sheet ('Vue') is/are
not visible. I guess this is unexpected in the *input* since you wrote
(about the output): "but the sheet with the graph (which I don't even
touch in Java) is void".
The POI code you supplied runs on the latest svn trunk without error,
and the output file also opens in Excel without error message.  Again,
the first sheet content is not visible.

So it may be the case that you are seeing a bug that was fixed since
version 3.1, but it's hard to tell when I can't see the content of the
first sheet.  Do you know how this input file was produced?

If you still experience problems with the latest version (3.5-beta4),
please upload your copy of EssaiModifExcelOut.xls as produced by your
POI 2.5.1 version, so we can do a BiffViewer comparison to understand
the differences in behaviour.

regards,
Josh