poi-dev mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>
Subject [VOTE] Release of POI 3.5-beta4
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:55:27 GMT
Hi All,

As you may noticed, there has been much development activity in POI over the last two months.
There have been quite a few bug fixes and improvements, especially in the OOXML part of POI.
So, I think it's time for a next beta (hopefully the last one before  3.5-FINAL).

The release artifacts can be downloaded from the following URL:
     http://people.apache.org/~yegor/REL_3_5_BETA4

The revision number of the release is r719547 and tagged as REL_3_5_BETA4.

Below is a short summary of key changes:

  (1) XSSF module has been significantly reworked and reached the state close to its HSSF
counterpart.

To help you evaluate the current state of XSSF I created a set of rich examples. The examples
are based on common
XSSF-HSSF interfaces so that you can generate either *.xls or *.xlsx output just by setting
a command-line argument:

http://poi.apache.org/spreadsheet/examples.html
Sample output can be download from http://people.apache.org/~yegor/ss_examples/

  (2) JDK 1.5 is now a minimum requirement.

  (3) Finally, 3.5-beta4 fully supports Maven. All POI dependencies including ooxml-schemas
and OpenXML4J are now on the
central Maven repository.

  (4) This time there are no special artifacts for Maven. The Maven artifacts are deployed
by a auto-generated script
created by the "ant dist" command. See http://people.apache.org/~yegor/REL_3_5_BETA4/mvn-deploy.sh.

  (5) As usual, the release includes numerous bug fixes and improvements. The list of changes
is available in the change
log:
   http://poi.apache.org/changes.html

The vote options are:

[ ]+1  - I support the release
[ ] 0  - I don't care
[ ]-1  - I'm opposed to the release because...

I'm voting [+1]. Voting will last a week and end on Friday, 28th November.

Yegor