poi-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey A Kenward <kenwa...@dteenergy.com>
Subject Blank and null cells
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 19:53:01 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using the 3.5 beta release and it's not working as I expect it to.  I
don't know if I'm doing it wrong or this is a bug.

I'm using the Row iterator from sheet and subsequently the Cell iterator
from row to read a sheet's data.

It's basically a sheet with addresses.  But some cells (like a 2nd address
- typically used for something like an apartment or suite number) are
empty.

When this value is filled, the size of the iterator comes back as 8 cells
in the row (location code, location name, addr1, addr2, city, st, zip,
country).

But when the addr2 is blank in excel 2007, the iterator comes back as only
have 7 values (shifting all the values and messing up my location data
basically).

I've tried setting the workbook MissingCellPolicy to RETURN_NULL_AND_BLANK
but that doesn't seem to help.

Am I doing this wrong?  How is this typically done?

-Jeff

*** PROPRIETARY, CONFIDENTIAL OR PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION ***
This communication may contain proprietary, privileged or confidential
information protected by law. It is solely for the use of the intended
recipient named above. Any review, dissemination, distribution,
forwarding, or copying of this communication by someone other than the
intended recipient, or the employee responsible for delivering this
communication to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender
via email, then destroy the original message.