poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject HWPF and unicode ranges
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2008 22:41:37 GMT
Hi All

I've been doing a lot of work on HWPF today, and have done quite an
overhaul of the unicode support for text pieces and ranges.

The main upshot is that getRange on a document now returns the right text
for unicode and non-unicode, and doesn't sometimes wander off into the
header definitions. The code's also easier to understand.

However, there seems to be one bit of the paragraph styling code that
seems to still works in icky byte offsets, rather than character offsets,
so a few tests are failing. I've disabled these tests for now, until I fix
it all up, but be aware that a few things won't work with unicode files in
the mean time

Nick