poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Harrop" <jhar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help with tables
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2008 12:55:09 GMT
Unless you have to output in the binary doc format, I'd consider doing
this using the XML representation.

You could use try using the recent POI OOXML beta, or you could try
docx4j.  docx4j uses poi's hwpf to convert a binary doc to Java, and
then you have a strongly typed object model with which to manipulate
the table.

Three caveats:

1.  docx4j's code for converting a binary doc works, but doesn't
convert everything that hwpf currently represents (you will need to do
a little work to implement table conversion)

2.  the code is currently only in SVN, so you'd have to build that
(we'll do a release next week)

3.  i'm probably biased, since docx4j is my project.

cheers

Jason

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 4:29 AM, Fabio Alves de Araujo Ebner - Dna
<fabio.ebner@dnasolution.com.br> wrote:
> hi. i try do insert a new Row or Cell into a word file table.. but i can't do.. i can
got the tabele, row, cel. replace de text inside. but can't insert a new Cell(column) or Row..