poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: List of Patents required to implement OOXML (was: Rejection of
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:11:05 GMT
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> So That is awesome!  We won't accept your evidence until AFTER the ill
> motivation is demonstrated in like court, but we simultaneously won't
> let you revert it.

All I can say is that I didn't write the policy...

You're an ASF member, aren't you? That means you're in a position to get
involved in changing the policy, if you feel there's a flaw in it (as I
guess you do). dev@poi probably isn't the place to do so though

> Really you had a chat about me vetoing things before I even threatened
> to?  Awesome!

I spent a very large amount of time at ApacheCon talking to people about
poi, ooxml and microsoft. Several board members are aware of your
position, and some people were kind enough to clarify what is and isn't
allowed with a veto in the ASF.

> At the end of the week I start reverting things, you will HAVE to revoke
> my access to prevent that.

May I ask why a deadline that's so soon? I started work on the ooxml
support back in December. SourceSense joined the effort in January. It's
now April. Do we really need to act by the end of the week?

Nick