poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re[2]: [VOTE] Release POI 3.1-BETA1
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:09:54 GMT
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, Yegor Kozlov wrote:
> However, this release includes initial support for OOXML text extractors
> contributed by Nick and Ugo around the New Year:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/tags/REL_3_1_BETA1/src/scratchpad/ooxml-src/

Though it should be pointed out that this initial ooxml support is only
included in the source releases. No binaries get built

Also, it might be worth zapping this code out of trunk, now the stuff in
the branch has moved on so much. There's no easy route from the text
extractors in trunk to the ones in the branch, as we have changed class
names and constructors. Just add a note that people wanting ooxml support
should use the branch.

(I don't think this zapping is enough to stop this beta, just think it's
something worth doing before the next one. Also, I'm happy to remove it
if people agree)

Nick