poi-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Schwarze <...@admadic.de>
Subject Re: ooxml branch and docx
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 19:37:50 GMT
Nick Burch wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Jason Harrop wrote:
>> I was looking today at my generated classes for CT_RPr and CT_ParaRPr
>> - the content model for an rPr element inside a pPr is essentially the
>> same as for an rPr in a run element, except that it is top and tailed
>> with some change tracking stuff:
>
> I noticed this too. It's rather pesky. Do you know if the schema instructs
> one to extend the other, or are they independently defined with repeating
> contents? (We'll want to know the answer before we go and ask xmlbeans
> about supporting the java class hierachy)

 From what I can see with my limited schema knowledge, CT_RPr and
CT_ParaRPr both (among one or two others as well) refer to EG_RPrBase
within their <xsd:sequence> section. So it looks to me as if it is
common contents.

>> I did notice something about some of the other classes generated by
>> XMLBean which i thought i should raise on this list.
>>
>> org.openxmlformats.schemas.wordprocessingml.x2006.main.CTP and CTR.  -
>> rather than a single list for the content (EG_PContent and
>> EG_RunInnerContent), there is  a list or array per element.
>
> Yeah, this is a bit pesky. Might be worth a post to the xmlbeans list, to
> ask if it's possible to get the list of all children

My current solution is a helper class which uses XmlCursor to build the
lists of all children (there's a sample named "Order Matters" (if I
remember well) at the XmlBeans site - it is similar to that one). This
works for now in my case.

Best wishes,
Rainer