poi-dev mailing list archives

From David Fisher <dfis...@jmlafferty.com>
Subject [VOTE] Re: Rejection of any ENCUMBERED Microsoft Donation to POI
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 17:53:58 GMT
Hi Sam,

On Apr 22, 2008, at 5:03 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> While I, too, can't speak FOR Microsoft, I am quite willing to speak
> WITH Microsoft.  Particularly if the request was modestly scoped, and
> if doing so would sort the issue right from the start.

It looks like someone from Microsoft has shown up to discuss our
issues with the OSP, patent grants, etc. Should we respond with a
clear list as distilled from this very long and often emotional
discussion, or should we wait until they come back with answers.

I think that it would help us to have a list of statements. Its clear
to me that you might be the best person to make that list.

I propose a vote of consensus - Do we (A) present a list of questions
as a reply to Sam Ramji's posting "ApachePOI Email", or (B) wait for
Microsoft's answers as Sam Ramji promises?

If (A) becomes our choice, then I think we should reach a consensus
about the list, one that is rather inclusive. I certainly think we
should make sure to ask all of Andy's questions. I also am not sure
that his are all the questions that need to be asked.

I am (A) +1. and (B) 0.

Regards,
Dave