poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Harrop" <jhar...@gmail.com>
Subject ooxml branch and docx
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 12:02:00 GMT
Hi

By way of introduction, i'm the maintainer of docx4j, a library for
manipulating WordprocessingML files in Java, recently re-released
under the apache v2 license.

I was looking today at my generated classes for CT_RPr and CT_ParaRPr
- the content model for an rPr element inside a pPr is essentially the
same as for an rPr in a run element, except that it is top and tailed
with some change tracking stuff:

  <xsd:complexType name="CT_ParaRPr">
    <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:group ref="EG_ParaRPrTrackChanges" minOccurs="0"></xsd:group>
      <xsd:group ref="EG_RPrBase" minOccurs="0"></xsd:group>
      <xsd:element name="rPrChange" type="CT_ParaRPrChange" minOccurs="0">
  :

I would have liked the generated class for ParaRPr to extend the class for RPr.

I generate my classes with JAXB, and - at least with its out of the
box settings - this doesn't happen.

So I thought I'd see what XMLBean generates.  Answer: much the same.

I did notice something about some of the other classes generated by
XMLBean which i thought i should raise on this list.

org.openxmlformats.schemas.wordprocessingml.x2006.main.CTP and CTR.  -
rather than a single list for the content (EG_PContent and
EG_RunInnerContent), there is  a list or array per element.

Compare the paragraphContent field in
http://dev.plutext.org/trac/docx4j/browser/trunk/docx4j/src/main/java/org/docx4j/wml/P.java
and runContent element in
http://dev.plutext.org/trac/docx4j/browser/trunk/docx4j/src/main/java/org/docx4j/wml/R.java