poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Josh Micich" <josh.mic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Empty column Problem in excel file
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 19:08:02 GMT
It would help much more if you could show us exactly how to reproduce
your first problem.  As it stands, your solution does not shed much
light on this.  Could you please post a simple (and fully working)
example of whatever code created a spreadsheet that would require this
'fix-up' that you are suggesting?

BTW -  I tried to run solution you posted (to help understand what you
are doing), and I got this exception:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: cell
must not be null
	at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFRow.removeCell(HSSFRow.java:153)
	at example.poi.TestLili.deleteEmptyColumn(TestLili.java:70)
	at example.poi.TestLili.processWorkbook(TestLili.java:44)
	at example.poi.TestLili.main(TestLili.java:26)
(see attached code+spreadsheet to try for yourself)
In POI v3.0.2 I believe this same error will be NullPointerException.

-josh