poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Quick note on site / documentation
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:00:38 GMT
Hi All

The Apache PRC asked me to pop an entry about our ApacheCon stuff on the
site. I figured this'd be a quick job, but it turned out not to be...

Most of our site documentation has now been upgraded to the v1.3 of the
apache doc format, from v1.1. If you're working on any bits that haven't
been upgraded, feel free to tweak the dtd at the top (except for the faq
page, which seems to go all screwy with v1.3)

Forrest 0.5.1 is able to process v1.3 documents just fine, so there
shouldn't be any changes to the build process. The main advantage of v1.3
is that you can set a css class, and so persuade the apachecon image to
sit nicely on the right of the page, plus other related stuff like that.

Oh, and one for Ugo / anyone else doing merges with the ooxml branch -
I'm currently merging any documentation changes between trunk and the
ooxml branch by hand, because I've started to update quite a bit to talk
about the ooxml support. So, please don't auto-merge changes under
src/documentation/content/xdocs/ with the magic python script

Nick