poi-dev mailing list archives

From David Fisher <dfis...@jmlafferty.com>
Subject Re: Rejection of any ENCUMBERED Microsoft Donation to POI
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 04:03:03 GMT
Gianugo,

I think that the question is -

"Has Sourcesense filed a CLA?"

I am sure the answer is "yes", but I think the confirmation of it
might ease any concerns.

Keep in mind that the project has been significantly hurt by
Microsoft's past actions - a committer leaving the project due to
employment requiring a Microsoft NDA. I don't know about the details
it was before my time, but I know Andy was effected.

If we are talking news - the following starts off from where the
story Andy links left off.

http://www.cnet.com/8300-13505_1-16.html?keyword=OOXML

I'm really not trying to be critical but is the criticism found at
the following links of concern here:

http://ooxmlisdefectivebydesign.blogspot.com/2007/08/microsoft-office-
xml-formats-defective.html

Or, would you say that they provide some of the reasons you are here
in the project?

Is there some email thread I should check in order to catch up on a
discussion?

Regards,
Dave