poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Fun with HSSF and Hyperlinks
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 18:23:20 GMT
Hi All

I had a stab at doing hyperlink support for hssf (bug #37923). After
discovering a rather old, stub implementation of the record, handily under
an apache licence, I was able to get most of the Hyperlink record
supported. (A few unknowns, and one bit of black magic, but all files
containing the record in our test suite still open fine...). Oh, and I've
done record tests for it all too, which seem to cover most things.

On trying to add usermodel support for it, I hit a bit of a snag. The
records weren't ending up in Workbook.records, as they came after the
EOFRecord, so weren't being picked up by the interesting records sweep in
Workbook.createWorkbook

As a stop-gap, I've got Workbook.createWorkbook to check the records after
EOFRecord, and pop the Hyperlink records into another array. However, this
doesn't let them tie in with cells, as they're in the wrong place, and I'm
not even sure how to tell which sheet a Hyperlink belongs to (row+column
are easy though)

I've also done some unit tests in usermodel.HSSFCell, which are disabled
for now as the cells don't get created, as the Hyperlink records aren't
picked up by the sheet's record sweep. So, if you fancy trying to finish
the support off, they should get you most of the way there for a test,
then you just need to deal with getting the records into where they need
to be...

Nick