poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status of (old) Word and PowerPoint parsers
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:46:53 GMT
Hi,

On Feb 18, 2008 3:18 PM, Nick Burch <nick@torchbox.com> wrote:
> However, as of this weekend, Microsoft have publically released the file
> format docs for word, excel and powerpoint. While Ryan still wouldn't be
> able to contribute (I suspect his NDA will still apply even though most of
> the information is now public), it makes it much easier for someone else
> to pick up the code and improve it. Don't suppose you're interested? :)

I'll certainly be looking at the format docs and the relevant code in
POI, and will certainly contribute any improvements or fixes I may
come up with. On the other hand, in case POI already has all the
functionality I need in Tika, my itch will be considerably smaller.
:-)

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

BR,

Jukka Zitting