poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Beta release of POI 3.0.2
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:09:19 GMT
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Yegor Kozlov wrote:
> It is available to download from:
> http://people.apache.org/~yegor/POI-3.0.2-ALPHA1/
> and corresponds to svn TRUNK as of today (November 27 2007). This build is intended for
evaluation purposes,
> the actual -beta builds will be produced depending on this vote results.

I'm +1 on the idea of the release, but -1 on the actual build artifacts:

* filenames (and embeded directory names) are wrong. You need to do the
    build as if the vote had passed, so the date need to be overridden, as
    does the version ID.
   filenames ought to be something like poi-src-3.0.2-beta1-20071204.zip
* the pom files (needed by maven) are missing
* most of the real files can't be downloaded (wrong file permissions), so
    I can't check their contents

Nick