poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: Moving POIDocument out of scratchpad?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:15:20 GMT
On Mon, 17 Sep 2007, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> If it works, do it.

I've gone ahead and done it. POIDocument is now in main, along with half
of its tests (the other tests depend on hslf/hwpf, so had to stay in
scratchpad). HSSFWorkbook has also been updated to use POIDocument

This has allowed me to rip out lots of code from one of my apps, as it now
just has to deal with POIDocument for getting metadata :)

While I'm on the subject of getting my own codebase down in size, what do
people think about a POI text extractor for hssf? We currently have a text
extractor for hslf, hwpf and hdgf. For hssf, everyone's forced to write
their own based on hssf.dev.HSSF, so having a common one as standard might
be handy for users. What do we all think?

Nick