poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: Open things for a release..
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 11:05:49 GMT
On Sat, 3 Feb 2007, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> I have one thing I want to commit before we do a release but can't
> realistically promise to do it in the next few days (I'm hellatired from
> working till 4am every night and talking to proprietary vendors about my
> lack of open sourciness).  However lets start planning and I'll probably
> commit it in a fit of rage during some late night caffeine binge just
> before some deadline.

I'm happy to do an svn branch for the release, and do an initial rc build
from it. We'll then just need to ensure we apply any fixes to both trunk
and that.

Is anyone planning any shiny new (and possibly breaking) code, or shall we
just be lazy and release straight from trunk?

> Nick said he has the relevant signed key.

I'm happy to do a release. The only snag is I'm off on holiday in a week's
time, so I wouldn't be able to do the relase until the start of march. On
the plus side, it does give everyone a chance to fix the bugs :)

> anyone else have pieces to put in?  Any major show stoppers?  Are we all
> caught up on doubling our Line count with headers?

I believe we have all the licence headers we need, most of the major bugs
fixed, and a build process that people are mostly happy with. I think it's
just a case of getting those last few bugs fixed.

Nick