poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: Build/release stuff WAS Re: What Are Current POI Release Plans?
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:46:34 GMT
On Wed, 10 Jan 2007, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> 1. Someone needs to anoint themselves release manager for 3.x.x XXx

I can do this, if no-one else fancies it. (I will need several people to
volunteer to check things)

> 2. Someone needs to get a valid key recognized by Apache.

I have a pgp key that's signed by a fair number of apache people

> can someone please figure out if we have any other REAL issues and list
> them here?

We still need to do a few more tweaks to the build process. I'm hoping to
get that sorted within a week.

My plan after that was:
1) Lazy consensus vote to fork a release branch
2) Fork a release branch
3) Prod people to review outstanding bugs, and decide which of them we
     should fix for 3.0
4) Ensure that patches go against trunk and the release branch
5) Wait for the patches to come rolling in
6) Do periodic release candidate builds
7) Do a vote to release one of these as -FINAL, once people are happy with
     them

Nick