poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: RoadMap to Java 1.5
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:31:51 GMT
On Sun, 19 Nov 2006, A. Rick Anderson wrote:
> Is there a published road map, or even an explicit intention, for the
> official POI project to move to Java 1.5?

All of POI works quite happily with java 1.5, and should be fine with 1.6+

For now, a lot of the users are still using java 1.4. So, we continue to
ensure that POI works fine with java 1.4, even if it means the odd bit of
code that's more verbose than 1.5 would allow it.

I can't see us updating the code to take advantage of 1.5 features until
such time as most users are on 1.5, and even then it'd need a vote.

> Also, I have tried unsuccessfully to point my eclipse workspace to the
> POI SVN tree and sync.  I have looked, but not been able to locate docs
> on doing this.  Any pointers would be appreciated.

SVN is handled apache wide:
 	http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html

Nick