poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: poi.apache.org commentary
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:19:48 GMT
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Avik Sengupta wrote:
> Well my opinion is, 'cant we just get on with it, forget all these
> organisational stuff' ... but I suppose that's quite naive.

Yeah. It's now quite some time since we voted on Yegor as a committer, but
he still doesn't have accounts etc as the vote doesn't count until we get
3 PMC members voting on it. With only 2 PMC votes in, we can't get him an
account :(

> Given the direction of Jakarta, there's a resonable argument in moving
> to a TLP. I think that's a shame, though practically I'm quite agnostic
> to the idea.

It doesn't actually look like too much work to move to a new TLP. Henri
Yandell has offered help and advice, and it probably just needs one person
to draw up the various proposals (from templates), submit to the board
etc.

Otherwise, we need to get a bunch more Jakarta PMC members (shouldn't be
too hard), and start making friends with all the other Jakarta projects.
Oh, and join a bunch of other mailing lists.

Nick