poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: poi.apache.org commentary
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2006 04:35:43 GMT
On 7/13/06, Nick Burch <nick@torchbox.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Jul 2006, Nick Burch wrote:
> > What does everyone else think?
>
> Anyone? I think the main thing is:
>    do we think committers should be allowed to vote on new releases and new
>     committers?
>
> At the moment, committers aren't also PMC members, so we don't have that.
> If we think we should have, we need to move to our own TLP, and make all
> committers automatically PMC members.

Any thoughts on this? Currently your new committer vote and any
official releases look like they're going to be blocked due to a lack
of voting PMC members. Personally I'd like all Jakarta committers to
automatically be on the PMC, but that'll take a long time to get
consensus on. Given that and POI's legal worries concerning NDAs, I
think poi.apache.org will be a lot simpler than being an independent
island within Jakarta.

Hen