poi-dev mailing list archives

From Ramesh Kakarala <rameshkakar...@yahoo.com>
Subject How To Get POI JAR With Patches
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 03:03:37 GMT
Does anyone know how to get the official Apache POI 2.5.1 JAR that
incorporates all approved patches?  All I see on the Apache site is the
version 2.5.1 JAR dated August 2004.  We recently ran into a bug with this
version where an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException is thrown whenever reading a
spreadsheet that contains a Drop Down List.  I see a Bug #27929 in the Bug
Database for this issue and a Patch referenced.  I made the code changes
suggested by one of the people in the bug thread and it seems to resolve this
defect.  There is a more involved recommended change later in the thread which
I have not tried yet, but I assume it also works.

All well and good but I work for a large corporation where my hacked JAR based
on suggestions from Internet threads is going to be met with a lot of
skepticism.  And frankly if this is an approved patch to the Apache POI
project I can't understand why someone on the team has not seen fit to put out
the latest version 2 JAR (v2.5.2 perhaps) that incorporates all the approved
patches.  Does anyone know what's up with the project and whether it is
possible to download an official latest and greatest version 2 JAR or is this
Drop Down List patch perhaps not really approved.