poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Updating the website
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:49:43 GMT
Hi All

It seems that at the moment, only Glen can update the whole website, but
that there are a few bits Andrew is the actual owner of. All the files on
the website are group owned by jakarta, but it's a bit random if the
files+directories have group write permissions.

What do people think of the idea of requesting a jakarta-poi unix group
from infrastructure? Glen + Andrew could then ensure that all the files
were owned by the new group, and had group write permissions on them.
After that, any poi committer (who'd be a member of the jakarta-poi group)
would be able to update the website. (We might need some ant magic to
ensure any new files did continue to hold group write permissions, but
that shouldn't be too hard)

Does that sound sensible to people, and if so, shall I speak to
infrastructure to try and organise it?

Nick