poi-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Kurtakov <a...@blue-edge.bg>
Subject Password protected files
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:37:49 GMT
Hi All,
while trying to use the poi library for reading msoffice files it was failing on password
protected files with strange exception (mainly InvocationTargetException) so I have made some
changes and introduced new exception called PasswordProtectedException and put some rough
hacks in the lib so it is thrown when strange exception appear.
For the ppt files i found that rectype 51432 is presenting only on password protected files.
For the xsl files there is smth strange cause a rectype 49 can be contained many times but
in the RecordFactory.createMethod it is properly handled
except when the file is password protected (I think that in this case the rectype shouldn't
be 49).
I'm attaching the patch containing the changes with some code commented (i hope it can be
of help). It would be nice if some kind of exception for password protected files is added
to the library.

Best regards,
Alexander Kurtakov