poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject DDF - EscherClientAnchorRecord
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 10:53:13 GMT
Hi All

Next up with my DDF questions, we have EscherClientAnchorRecord
(msofbtClientAnchor, type 0xF010)

It seems convinced that it is of size 8 (header) + 18 (some standard data)
+ length of extra fields, so a minimum of 26. It doesn't seem to bother
checking the record header of this fact.

I've got several of these that are only 16 long (8 header and 8 data). So,
calls to getRecordSize() return an incorrect value, and when you print it
out you get "error" printing the extra fields:

At position 7765 (1E55):
Tpe is 61456 (F010), len is 8 (0008) (16) - record claims 26
** Atom length of 8 (16) doesn't match record length of 26
 org.apache.poi.ddf.EscherClientAnchorRecord:
  RecordId: 0xF010
  Flag: 0
  Col1: 0
  DX1: 0
  Row1: 0
  DY1: 0
  Col2: 0
  DX2: 0
  Row2: 0
  DY2: 0
  Extra Data:
error

Anyone know why the record code thinks the minimum size must be 26, and
ignores the header length?

Nick