poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Kais Dukes" <k.du...@complexar.com>
Subject RE: POI Source Code
Date Sat, 14 May 2005 13:45:57 GMT
Hi Yunchung,

My question was about compiling POI using eclipse, not using a pre-compiled
POI with eclipse.

However, thanks for your response -- I've already resolved this now :-)

-- Kais

-----Original Message-----
From: yunchung hsu [mailto:yunchunghsu@yahoo.com]
Sent: 14 May 2005 14:08
To: POI Developers List
Subject: Re: POI Source Code

Hi:
We include jar files associated with poi in the project just as other jar
files.

Kais Dukes <k.dukes@complexar.com> wrote:

Hi POI Developers,

I am taking a look at the POI source code. I have checked out using WinCVS
(I know its possible to do this in Eclipse, but prefer the CVS GUI). I have
built and run tests using the ANT build file.

My question now is this,

How best to set up POI for use with eclipse? The options I see are:

(1) Use eclipse only to edit individual Java files, and compile using ANT
(2) Create new eclipse Java projects for each poi subproject (e.g. hpsf,
hssf, poifs, util. etc).
(3) Somehow create a single Eclipse set up which can compile run /
everything.

What's the best way to get POI into eclipse, to view code, compile, and run
tests?

Regards,

-- Kais