poi-dev mailing list archives

From Avik Sengupta <avik.sengu...@itellix.com>
Subject RE: FormulaEvaluator Partial Implementation
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 15:05:39 GMT

> But what happens when one assert fails - wouldnt the
> AssertionError cause the cells that follow to never be
> tested. (BTW, I'm a JUnit novice, so I may be wrong
> - in which case we can even continue this discussion
> off the list to avoid some embarassment to me ;)

No, you are correct, but my point is when you are doing regression
tests, it doesn't matter. The idea is that our regression tests pass
100% for all code in CVS, so if one test fails, you fix that, and then
if another fails, you fix that...

Obviously, if you are doing test-first, it doesnt work very well, but in
that case, you'll be writing different tests in any case.