poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Kais Dukes" <k.du...@complexar.com>
Subject RE: Getting a PIC
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:33:59 GMT
Hi Robert,

I am most interested in what you have found. Are you saying that the picture
data for some Escher images are not stored in the exepcted place (the
document's Data stream?) but are instead embedded as part of the complex
stream?

Kind Regards,

Kais

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Paris [mailto:rpjava@hotmail.com]
Sent: 20 April 2005 22:06
To: poi-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Getting a PIC

Thanks for the reply.

OH, if only it were so simple. I believe I found it, and as with all other
Word formats, the thing is a mess. You have to loop through and when you
find the right record (and check a thousand fWhateverBooleans and option
shorts), you then have to parse the complex data, and it appears to be
stored in there.

Of course, none of this follows the MS Binary Format writings and is found
pretty much no where on the web. Ugh. But thankfully it appears the good
folks at POI (non-scratchpad area) have done some great work in this area to
get me started.

Thanks again!