poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Ackley" <ry...@softartisans.com>
Subject RE: State of the Union for HWPF
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:55:59 GMT
Andy,

You make a lot of good points about the state of Apache HWPF in this email.
That is why I am pleased to announce that SoftArtisans will be releasing
WordWriter v3 shortly. It is a fully-featured Java API for reading and
writing Microsoft Word documents. I feel like it is a better choice than
HWPF because it is the realization of what I wanted for HWPF. It addresses
all of your bullet points below. Including the ones about Junit tests,
Javadoc, and Documentation ;) In addition to that, we have taken it so much
farther in terms of features. Please check it out at
http://officewriter.softartisans.com/officewriter-312.aspx

-Ryan