poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Nitin Dubey" <ndu...@imcindia.net>
Subject Data Range in charts
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:00:56 GMT
Hello all,

I have been banging my head against Charting API's for quite a few days just

to find out the support for charts. I understand it is clearly mentioned

that you cannot create charts but you can update/modify the charts.

I think by making avaiblable only 1 feature related to charts many of

developers like me can have a workaround solution and can have a excel sheet

with chart reflecting the proper data.

"Specifying data ranges for a chart object" can help a lot. We can go for

creating templates for target reports with charts and after populating the

data to excel sheet we can change the data ranges to reflect the chart.

I struggled for quite some time to find out whether I can change the data

range for already existing chart object in the workbook. But couldn't find

it. This feature addition will help a lot.

Regards,

Nitin Dubey