poi-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subversion migration
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 03:05:20 GMT
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 20:59:27 -0500, andy@superlinksoftware.com
<andy@superlinksoftware.com> wrote:
> Okay but we're not committing to it yet.  We need people familiar and I
> need time to test against OS X which I don't have ATM.  I know for sure
> we don't want to be the first project after velocity and oro ;-)
>
> We should go after tomcat :-)  If you don't hose tomcat, you sure won't
> hose us ;-)
>
> -Andy

Commons, Site2, Regexp should move pretty soon. I just nudged Cactus
and they seem pretty willing to go soon. I need to nudge Turbine again
to remind myself where they are. ECS, BCEL should move pretty quickly
after that.

Which is half of Jakarta if you ignore the dead two. So definitely not
using you as guinea pigs :) (that was the rest of Apache).

If we work out a structural plan for the svn repo; and get a test one
setup; then some of the questions can be answered.

To that end, is POI your classic single codebase to single jar? Are
there multiple different codebases and targets? Any weirdness to do
with the binary MS formats that have been a problem in CVS (test files
and newlnies or something)? Any reason why we couldn't treat it as a
simple maven'd or ant'd project?

I expect there probably are. Sods law.

Hen