poi-dev mailing list archives

From cwakefi...@mdanderson.org
Subject Re: Plans etc (was Re: [VOTE] POI 2.5.1 release )
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 22:03:24 GMT
Greetings!

One of you said "Chime in", so I am.  (No I haven't contributed before...)

I thought that before I suggested option 1,2,3, or 4, I would try to see
what was really at issue, which led to a little analyzing:

(If I understand what is in CVS now, the branch you are referring to is
the one tagged REL_2_BRANCH, and head is HEAD - which also seems to be
MAIN, and jakarta-poi.)
A quick compare of these shows:

5 .java files in REL_2_BRANCH not in HEAD.
119 .java files in HEAD not in REL_2_.
300 .java files that have differences, BUT...
it looks like most of those 300 (90%+ ?), the only difference is in blank
lines around the copyright notice or changes in comments,
which leaves less than 30 java files where functionality has to be
reconciled.

If this is right, option #1 now seems less ominous than it did.
I know I am assuming that I'm even looking at the right branch, which
hasn't been obvious.  I'm also only counting differences in the .java
files.

Am I way off base here?  If my impression is even close to realistic, I'd
be glad to help with merging changes from REL_2 into HEAD.

Regards,
Chris Wakefield

Avik Sengupta <avik.sengupta@itellix.com>
08/05/04 10:40 AM