poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikael Sitruk" <mikae...@bezeqint.net>
Subject Strange record type in Excel file
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:03:36 GMT
Hi to all

I've encountered a problem in releases 2.5/2.51 that was not present in
1.10.
I have a workbook containing data, and I wish to copy to a target
workbook, in 1.10 everything was fine, nevertheless when upgrading to
2.5/2.51 I got an exception on the workbook creation.

I've attached the exception just for documentation
Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorA
ccessorImpl.java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingCons
tructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecord(RecordFactory.java
:225)
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecords(RecordFactory.jav
a:160)
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:163)
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:130)
        at HSSF.<init>(HSSF.java:109)
        at HSSF.main(HSSF.java:348)
..
First I though that my code was not ok, so I used the one referenced in
the FAQ, and still got the problem. So I've printed the record that made
the problem, and got:
Record type: 93 size: 70 data: [B@19106c7

I've tried to find from which cell this can provide, but even after
having removing all the data in the worksheet (the problematic worksheet
is "sss") I still got the exception.
I've checked in the M$ Excel File Format doc, but I don't see any
documentation on this record type!!!
Do you have any idea how I can overcome the problem? Since for now I'm
not able to upgrade to the latest POI version.

I've attached the problematic file

Thanks

Mikael.S