poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Sebastian Jekutsch" <jekut...@pcpool.mi.fu-berlin.de>
Subject Testing course on POI
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:25:54 GMT
Dear POI developers,

at the free university of Berlin, we currently plan to offer a course on software quality
assurance for the students in computer science. The idea is to take a software project/product
from the real world and to apply various defect finding techniques to the excutable and source
code. We identified some open source projects to be interesting, amoung which POI is one one
the most promising.

To get an idea how well POI suits our needs, maybe you can give some assessment on the following
subjects:

-> Which part/module of POI needs testing and is supposed to contain bugs of various kind?
Do you rate POI being buggy (in some modules) or is it likely that we won't find many bugs
at all?

-> How well is the source code of POI prepared to be treated by code inspection techniques
to find bugs? Is the code and the program design well documented and comprehensible?

-> Will finding bugs in POI be anticipated by the community (i.e. YOU :-) to raise motivation
of the students? Or are there many already known bugs which needs treatment?

We expect about 10 students in the course which will work 100 houres each (including introduction)
on finding bugs in POI. I guess that will help POI to become even more powerful!

Thanks in advance for any helpful remark,

Sebastian Jekutsch
Stephan Salinger

Work group Software Engineering
Institut für Informatik