poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Height, Jason" <jhei...@subcorp.com.au>
Subject RE: Received a patch file
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 02:47:07 GMT
Ryan,

Well I use cygwin which provides the unix patch, cvs etc utilites for
windows to do the work. But there may be easier ways (I don't know)

However here is a rough instruction:

Start a cygwin bash shell

cd <jakarta-poi-root>
patch -p0 < mypatchfile.diff

This assumes that the diff was performed beneath the Jakarta poi root
directory, it may be one level up or several levels down in the source tree,
you should be able to have a look at the diff file to work it out. The -p
parameter means ignore this many levels of directory structure in the patch
file. In our case when the directories match it is zero.

If you are lucky the patch was applied without any rejects!!

Then use cvs to upload the new code which I assume you already know how to
do

Let me know if you come to grief.

Jason