poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Ackley" <sack...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Scratchpad failure
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:42:52 GMT
> Yes I am aware of it but didn't get the opportunity to test it yet. I was
> wondering why this wasn't part of POI ?

Because it is similar but not really the same as POI. You see the problem
with HWPF is that it has been in a constant state of "under construction"
since it arrived at POI. I wanted to give the text extractor visibility that
it couldn't get as part of HWPF.

> Well honestly I have no idea of the current state of HWPF so I really
don't
> know what it's already capable of doing and what it can't. My use for it
> would be to extract content from the system I develop (Jahia) and export
> content into Word files (and the reverse would be cool too), for example
> using paragraph and character style information.

It is capable of doing that, I will add some basic doco tonight for you.

-Ryan