poi-dev mailing list archives

From avik.sengu...@itellix.com
Subject ValueRecords and SharedFormulas
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 12:17:21 GMT
The current(branch) method for retaining shared formulas will not work on HEAD.
Currently, we add a SharedFormulaRecord to a FormulaRecordAggregate when we see
one. However, for HEAD, no record objects other than ValueRecordAggregate are
stored, only the underlying data is stored in VRA, and Record's created on
demand. Andy, correct me if I am wrong.

So bottomline, in such a scenario, it might be easier to support SharedFormula's
by breaking them up to real formula's at read time. will increase re-written
excel size ... but ... is easiest.

If I remember right, Jason had a patch for it.. can try and add it in? Maybe if
you can mail it, we can all have a play around with it.

I am also concerned about the lack of unit tests for ValueRecordAggregate, given
the amount of work that class does in the new scheme of things, but thats a
story for another day.

Regards
-
Avik