poi-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Stampoultzis <gst...@iinet.net.au>
Subject Re: Improving POIFS performance
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 11:33:02 GMT
At 03:25 PM 9/10/2003, you wrote:
>Yes. Although the changes to POIFS will not have a tremendous initial
>impact on performance since HSSF will still be buffering all of the
>records (I have ideas for changing that, but it is a lot of work).

I was suspecting this to be the case.  I was hoping that the performance
would be comparable at least and that memory usage would be the same or
better.  If this is the case we could pick your implementation and run with
that and then work towards providing an implementation of HSSF that can
take better advantage of the new API.

Regards,

Glen Stampoultzis
gstamp@iinet.net.au