poi-dev mailing list archives

From Mikael Sitruk <mikae...@bezeqint.net>
Subject Re: about - HSSF - Limitations - Pivot tables tested!
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:20:59 GMT
On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 23:05, Mikael Sitruk wrote:
> [...]
> download jar accessible is from 20030827, so more up to date. It can be
> found at:http://apache.fresh.co.il/jakarta/poi/dev/bin/
>
> Here is the code:
> /*
>  * POISample.java
>  *
>  * Created on October 24, 2003, 10:20 PM
>  */
> import org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem;
> import java.io.FileInputStream;
> import java.io.FileOutputStream;
> import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.*;
> /**
>  *
>  * @author  mikael
>  */
> public class POISample {
>
>     /** Creates a new instance of POISample */
>     public POISample() throws Exception {
>         POIFSFileSystem fs  =  new POIFSFileSystem(new
> FileInputStream("G:/_dev/poi/sample/workbook.xls"));
>         HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook(fs);
>         HSSFSheet sheet = wb.getSheetAt(0);
>         HSSFRow row = sheet.getRow(1);
>         HSSFCell cell = row.getCell((short)0);
>         if (cell == null)
>             cell = row.createCell((short)0);
>         cell.setCellType(HSSFCell.CELL_TYPE_STRING);
>         cell.setCellValue("Alfred Hichkok");
>
>         // Write the output to a file
>         FileOutputStream fileOut = new
> FileOutputStream("G:/_dev/poi/sample/workbook.xls");
>         wb.write(fileOut);
>         fileOut.close();
>
>     }
>
>     /**
>      * @param args the command line arguments
>      */
>         try{
>           POISample pois= new POISample();
>         }catch(Exception e){
>             System.out.println("Error occured: " + e);
>             e.printStackTrace();
>         }
>         System.out.println("execution finished");
>     }
>
> }
>
> Regards,
>   Mikael Sitruk
>

> On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 07:13, smitha george wrote:
> > hi mikael,
> >
> > thanx very much for your reply...
> > i am not geting any error message....but when we  add data the curresponding pivot
table is getting corrupted.

> > the following code i am trying...
> > POIFSFileSystem fs      =
> >                 new POIFSFileSystem(new FileInputStream("workbook.xls"));
> >         HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook(fs);
> >         HSSFSheet sheet = wb.getSheetAt(0);
> >         HSSFRow row = sheet.getRow(2);
> >         HSSFCell cell = row.getCell((short)3);
> >         if (cell == null)
> >             cell = row.createCell((short)3);
> >         cell.setCellType(HSSFCell.CELL_TYPE_STRING);
> >         cell.setCellValue("a test");
> >
> >         // Write the output to a file
> >         FileOutputStream fileOut = new FileOutputStream("workbook.xls");
> >         wb.write(fileOut);
> >         fileOut.close();
> >
> > Actually my excel file having 2 sheets...first sheet having some title like :-

the second sheet i already created the pivot table for that...but when i append the student
data to the first sheet, the table is not displaying properly on the second sheet(the arrow
marks which we will get on the pivot table are getting deleted).

> > Can you go through the coding....if any mistake is there pls let me know.
> >
> > thanking you
> >
> > Smitha

> > On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 Mikael Sitruk wrote :
> > >Smitha hi
> > >
> > >The problem may be related to the version of POI, I used 1.9 and 1.10
> > >successfully, but never tried on 1.05
> > >Anyway what is the error message you get?

table....i am happy to hear you that u could solve my problem....i hope you can help me in
this matter.

to the first sheet, the pivot table in the second sheet getting corrupted....

me out....(i am using java coding  to write into the excel sheet)