poi-dev mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Re: POI Website
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 15:10:29 GMT

Skin.. you (we) can choose tigris-skin.

To tell the truth, my company's website is now using
Apache Forrest .. Yay! ;-)
(http://www.terra-intl.com/)

Will I build POI-website using tigris-skin and show you all?
(There could be no need for discussion of the background color
any more, I believe)

--

Also, what about using the Cocoon-like (Release-Number
based website management system) styled site?

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

On 05 Sep 2003 20:21:11 +0530
(Subject: Re: POI Website)
Avik Sengupta <avik.sengupta@itellix.com> wrote:

> >What's your issue with the skin?
> I particularly dont like the color scheme.. I think its slightly
> depressing .. i would prefer something happier :) And, as you say, it
> doesnt play too well with the logo. The other thing i dont like is the
> side menu.. it doesnt size too well (becomes too big if text is too
> long) .. etc...
>
> However, whatever my opinions on this, i have a stronger view that its
> totally counter-productive to discuss subjective website look issues on
> lists such as this .. either i care enough to change it myself, or I am
> happy with it so long as it does its job ........
>
> On a more objective basis, I think our site has lots of info.. we
> probably need a way to categorize it better.. anyone with a library
> science degree? :)
>
> For example, see the menu on the left.. each of the items seem as
> important as another, however, most people probably want the FAQ and the
> Quick Start first.. so that should be most obvious.. maybe a big red
> arrow.. :)
>
> There is one thing i have always thought we should do, but i have been
> to lazy.. is that we should have an INSTALL page on the site.. even tho
> we dont have much to say.. people still look for it.. so it should be
> there to pander....
>
> This needs more thought.. will give it some.
>

> On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 08:34, Glen Stampoultzis wrote:
> > What's your issue with the skin?  I'm pretty happy with it aside from the
> > logo which I think just doesn't work well against the blue background.
> >
> > -- Glen
> >
> > At 02:08 AM 5/09/2003, you wrote:
> > >yeah, i think that should be nice, tho properly labelled to avoid
> > >confusion. My biggest currently is the skin.. if i get a moment....oh
> > >well...  :)

> > > on-line as

> > > and the
> > > the 2.0

> > > released
> > > the
> > > avoid some
> > > the head.

E-mail: tetsuya@apache.org  http://www.terra-intl.com/
(Accredited Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument Facilitator)
http://www.hbdi.com/